Taking a dark idea for a walk today. Let's call this the start of a dev diary for a new game.
Raw ingredients, the guts are in here somewheres:
- The Watcher- Scrap of a card game I was noodling two years ago
- Mechanics blending Clue, Werewolves (the dinner party game), Spanish prisoner
- Elements from Nightlights, another game scrap
- Inspiration from conversation with my brother 2 years ago about how to make minesweeper terrifying
- Desire to create a social game
- Desire to experiment with creating "interesting moral choices" through games
- The Uncanny Valley and these guys from Time Bandits:
Most of that will be boiled away in the process unless I allow myself to go all David Lynch on this one. Which could happen.
Sketching comes next.